We are looking for an Assistant Restaurant Manager to join the Trevare team this summer.
After running the factory restaurant for two seasons on our own, we now up our game and are looking for ambitious and talented people to join the Trevare family. We need a Assistant Restaurant Manager to help us set the tone and pace for the coming summer months, working closely with our Head Chef.
We need you to be professional, positive and curious about everything that goes on in the nordic restaurant scene, both on a local and international scale. We place a huge emphasis on team spirit at Trevarefabrikken; one of the main foundations of our culture. You should hold enough confidence to help every person around you. You strive to make your teammates better than you – you ensure that newcomers do not fall into the mistakes that you have made.
Furthermore, you have a good understanding of wine and beverages in general. The perfect candidate has had a few years of experience in a similar role and speaks fluently English, and preferably one more language.
We can offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Diet and lodging
- Job from May - Sept
- Young , dynamic and fun working environment
Take ownership of the restaurant, bar and café at Trevarefabrikken. You will be responsible for the food and drink service. Continually “take the temperature” of the staff morale; find creative ways to foster lasting team members. Ensure returning visitors and foster relationships with regulars through warm, genuine hospitality and great service; develop one-on-one rapport with returning customers. Welcome neighbors into the Trevare family through our community and guest engagement.
- Manage and provide training for the staff, and organize their rotation.
- Play a key role in crafting this seasons new food and drink concepts.
- Investigate and resolve any guest concerns.
- Maintain well-organized storage rooms and accurate inventories.
- Restaurant keep-up, overlook any service issues and cash handling.
- Assist in proper opening and closing procedures and make sure these are followed.
- Make decisions based on ensuring happiness for our guests and the team.
- You get stuff done.
- You love the creativity of food and drink and seek innovation in the field.
- You are humble and warm and make people feel good.
- You have previous experience from similar jobs.
- You know how to motivate and inspire our hard-working team.
- You take ownership of important issues, solve problems, and make effective decisions.
If you come to Trevarefabrikken, it is because you know you want to be here for the experience. This is important. Working at Trevarefabrikken is not a normal restaurant job. We can promise you that it is going to be fun, hectic and that you will be a part of a vibrant environment on a small Island far out in the Lofoten Vestfjord. We still have a ton of potential to grow, hopefully with you onboard!
Ps: Please write your application in English/Norwegian.